Session Timeout question.

Ken Varn

I am a little confused on how Session Timeout is handled. Does the session
timeout counter get reset on each postback or is it always counting down
until it expires regardless of postbacks?

--
-----------------------------------
Ken Varn

EmailID = varnk
Domain = Diebold.com
-----------------------------------

Guest

Session Timeout is a "Sliding" expiration. For example if you have a session
set for 30 minutes, and 29 minutes have passed and you request a page, you
get reset to 30 more minutes.
Peter

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,
Session Timeout is a "Sliding" expiration. For example if you have a session
set for 30 minutes, and 29 minutes have passed and you request a page, you
get reset to 30 more minutes.
Peter

Note however that the session will only be extended when the request is
for active content. As far as I remember testing, if you request a Zip
file, a GIF, a HTML page, etc... then the session is not extended.
However, it will be extended on web service (ASMX) calls.

HTH,
Laurent