SessionState does not work with subdomain forwarding with masking (2.0)

thomas

Hello all,

It seems like subdomain forwarding prevents ASP.Net session state from
working correctly.

Example: two websites http://www.jgphotographers.com/test and
http://picturestore.newpicturestore.com/test
- the first one works - the counter using session state increases every time
the button is clicked.
The second one uses subdomain forwarding with masking. The "picturestore"
subdomain is being forwarded to the first URL, but this time the same
application accessed via forwarded subdomain does not work. Every time the
button is clicked the SessionID changes and the counter does not increase.
It is really the same application - see the Request.Url. All web.config
settings default.

Is it a known issue? Any ideas on how to solve it?
I am afraid this problem may become my show stopper.

Thank you,

Tomasz

Guest

This is because the browser wont give the subdomain your session cookie as
its from a different domain name, This will cause the problem. You need to
change the session mode to be cookieless (web config) so its in the url.

Ciaran O'Donnell