set cookie with javascript

marc heiners

Hello!

I have to overgive an information from one website to another (same domain)
by sertting a cookie with javascript.
When the website is requested by a user a session cookie with a default
value (for example 'miller') should be set with javascript or php. If the
user chose a drop down menue on the website the cookie´s value should be
overwritten with the chosen value from the drop down menu.

<select name="familynames">
<option value="1"> selected>miller</option>
<option value="2">smith</option>
<option value="3">tanner</option>
</select>

Can someone help me here please?

Best regards
Marc

RobG

Hello!

I have to overgive an information from one website to another (same domain)
by sertting a cookie with javascript.
When the website is requested by a user a session cookie with a default
value (for example 'miller') should be set with javascript or php. If the
user chose a drop down menue on the website the cookie´s value should be
overwritten with the chosen value from the drop down menu.

<select name="familynames">
<option value="1"> selected>miller</option>
<option value="2">smith</option>
<option value="3">tanner</option>
</select>

Can someone help me here please?

You may want to read some of the links in the following FAQ entry: