setup.rb test

Alex Gutteridge

Hi,

I seem to be having a Friday afternoon brain-fade. I'm trying to get
setup.rb to run some TestCases, but nothing seems to work. I thought
that placing my tests in the 'test' directory was all that was
required but setup.rb never seems to find the tests. Can anyone see
what I'm doing wrong in this toy example?

/tmp(72): ls
setup.rb test
/tmp(73): ls test/
test.rb
/tmp(74): ruby setup.rb test
Running tests...
Loaded suite test
Started

Finished in 0.002258 seconds.

/tmp(75): cd test/
/tmp/test(76): ruby test.rb
Loaded suite test
Started
Testing?

Trans

Alex said:
Hi,

I seem to be having a Friday afternoon brain-fade. I'm trying to get
setup.rb to run some TestCases, but nothing seems to work. I thought
that placing my tests in the 'test' directory was all that was
required but setup.rb never seems to find the tests. Can anyone see
what I'm doing wrong in this toy example?

/tmp(72): ls
setup.rb test
/tmp(73): ls test/
test.rb
/tmp(74): ruby setup.rb test
Running tests...
Loaded suite test
Started

Finished in 0.002258 seconds.

/tmp(75): cd test/
/tmp/test(76): ruby test.rb
Loaded suite test
Started
Testing?

You're using Test::Unit::TestCase in test.rb? If we could see a snip of
you test.rb file, that might help.

AlexG

Trans said:
You're using Test::Unit::TestCase in test.rb? If we could see a snip of
you test.rb file, that might help.

Strange, I had included test.rb, but the newsgroup gateway seemed to
snip my email halfway. test.rb looks like this:

/tmp/test(77): cat test.rb
require 'test/unit'
class TestTest < Test::Unit::TestCase

def test_me
puts "Testing?"
end
end

It's using Test::Unit::TestCase and seems to run fine when run manually
since the 'Testing?' string gets printed (see above). But it doesn't
get run by setup.rb for some reason...

Alex Gutteridge