Show Modal Dialog in IE 5

Guest

Hi,

I have a web application which has a page. From that page I need to show a
modal dialog to capture some information. The page displayed in the modal
window has Ok and Cancel buttons, clicking on which updates some information
and the window is closed.
However, showModalDialog doesnt seem to work properly with IE 5.0. On click
of Ok, a new browser window is displayed. I have tried putting
<base target="self">
but this seems to work only with IE 6.

I then tried creating a dummy .htm page which has an iFrame whose source is
the .aspx page I am displaying in the modal dialog.
This worked fine in IE 5.0 just the first time round. Subsequently,
postbacks always cause a new browser window to be opened.

Code in the Test.htm file is
<head>
<title>Test1</title>
</head>
<iframe id="myFrame" src= myPage.aspx" height=100% width=100%
scrolling=no></iframe>

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks,