Showing custom properties for page subclasses in Properties pane

Harlan Messinger

I have ManagerPage.aspx in my AppCode directory:

public class ManagerPage : System.Web.UI.Page
{
private bool checksAccess;
[EditorBrowsable(EditorBrowsableState.Always),Category("Behavior")]
protected bool ChecksAccess
{
get { return checksAccess; }
set { checksAccess = value; }
}
public ManagerPage()
{
//
// TODO: Add constructor logic here
//

and a web form that inherits from ManagerPage instead of
System.Web.UI.Page. The page functions as expected in the browser. But
in VS2005, the ChecksAccess property doesn't appear in the page's
Properties pane regardless of what view (design or source) I have the
page in. Is there some way to make this property visible and editable?