Signed applet problem with plugin 1.4.2

Sruli Ganor

Hi Java gurus,

I have an applet signed in JDK 1.4 jarsiner and using a Verisign code
signing key. It works nicely in Netscape & IE.

My troubles began when Sun upgraded to plugin 1.4.2_01-b06. When using
this plugin with IE, the applet still shows the "trust applet?" popup,
but when I click OK, an exception occurs as soon as the applet reaches
a privileged operation like system.getProperties(). I get
"SecurityControlException: access denied". This occurs in IE 5 and IE
6, on any platform I tested: XP, Win2000, Win98 etc. The applet still
works file on Netscape.

I also tried to sign the applet with JRE 1.4.2, but still IE denies
it.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance

Sruli Ganor