Siimple solution to "Access denied" problem with WinXP-apache-perl-cgi

Binod Pant

I haave setup a webserver using the Netserver application. It is a bundle of
Apache, MySQL, PHP,Perl all in one.

I tried to run a CGI script such as this :

#!D:\Applications\NetServer\bin\stable\perl\
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "<h2>Hello, World!</h2>\n";

I kept getting "Access denied Could not spawn child process" error in Apache
log.
I solved this by simply changing the path to perl and replacing it with the
full path to the perl executable
i.e.,
#!D:\Applications\NetServer\bin\stable\perl\bin\perl.exe

That was it! hope this will help someone who has a similar problem