Simple compilation?

Maya

I'm trying to get a dll out of compiling the following code but I get
error:

"function-style initializer appears to be a function definition"

Although i dont have C++ experience I thought i would get the dll
without the need to understand the actual code.

Any help?

Thank you,

Maya.

#include "stdafx.h"
#include <wchar.h>
#include <activeds.h>

#define MMC_REG_NODETYPES L"software\\microsoft\\mmc\\nodetypes"
#define MMC_REG_SNAPINS L"software\\microsoft\\mmc\\snapins"

// MMC Extension subkeys

#define MMC_REG_EXTENSIONS L"Extensions"
#define MMC_REG_NAMESPACE L"NameSpace"
#define MMC_REG_CONTEXTMENU L"ContextMenu"
#define MMC_REG_TOOLBAR L"ToolBar"
#define MMC_REG_PROPERTYSHEET L"PropertySheet"
#define MMC_REG_TASKPAD L"Task"

// DSADMIN key
#define MMC_DSADMIN_CLSID L"{E355E538-1C2E-11D0-8C37-00C04FD8FE93}"

HRESULT GetCOMGUIDStr(LPOLESTR *ppAttributeName,IDirectoryObject *pDO,
LPOLESTR *ppGUIDString);

HRESULT RegisterNodeType(LPOLESTR pszSchemaIDGUID);

HRESULT AddExtensionToNodeType(LPOLESTR pszSchemaIDGUID,
LPOLESTR pszExtensionType,
LPOLESTR pszExtensionSnapinCLSID,
LPOLESTR pszRegValue);

HRESULT RegisterSnapinAsExtension(_TCHAR* szNameString) // NameString
{
LPOLESTR szPath = new OLECHAR[MAX_PATH];
HRESULT hr = S_OK;
IADs *pObject = NULL;
VARIANT var;
IDirectoryObject *pDO = NULL;
LPOLESTR pAttributeName = L"schemaIDGUID";
LPOLESTR pGUIDString = NULL;

//Convert CLSIDs of our "extension objects" to strings
LPOLESTR wszCMenuExtCLSID = NULL;
LPOLESTR wszPropPageExtCLSID = NULL;

hr = StringFromCLSID(CLSID_CMenuExt, &wszCMenuExtCLSID);
hr = StringFromCLSID(CLSID_PropPageExt, &wszPropPageExtCLSID);

wcscpy(szPath, L"LDAP://");
CoInitialize(NULL);
//Get rootDSE and the schema container's DN.
//Bind to current user's domain using current user's
//security context.
hr = ADsOpenObject(L"LDAP://rootDSE",
NULL,
NULL,
ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION, //Use Secure Authentication
IID_IADs,
(void**)&pObject);

if (SUCCEEDED(hr))
{
hr = pObject->Get(L"schemaNamingContext",&var);
if (SUCCEEDED(hr))
{
wcscat(szPath, L"cn=user,");
wcscat(szPath, var.bstrVal);
hr = ADsOpenObject(szPath,
NULL,
NULL,
ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION, //Use Secure
//Authentication
IID_IDirectoryObject,
(void**)&pDO);
if (SUCCEEDED(hr))
{
hr = GetCOMGUIDStr(&pAttributeName,
pDO,
&pGUIDString);
if (SUCCEEDED(hr))
{
wprintf(L"schemaIDGUID: %s\n", pGUIDString);
hr = RegisterNodeType(pGUIDString);
wprintf(L"hr %x\n", hr);
// Do twice, once for each extension CLSID
hr = AddExtensionToNodeType(pGUIDString,
MMC_REG_CONTEXTMENU,
wszCMenuExtCLSID, //our context menu
//extension object's CLSID
szNameString
);
hr = AddExtensionToNodeType(pGUIDString,
MMC_REG_PROPERTYSHEET,
wszPropPageExtCLSID, //our prop page
//extension object's CLSID
szNameString
);
if (pDO)
pDO->Release();

VariantClear(&var);

// Free memory.
CoTaskMemFree(wszCMenuExtCLSID);
CoTaskMemFree(wszPropPageExtCLSID);

// Uninitialize COM
CoUninitialize();
return 0;
}

HRESULT GetCOMGUIDStr(LPOLESTR *ppAttributeName,IDirectoryObject *pDO,
LPOLESTR *ppGUIDString)
{
HRESULT hr = S_OK;
PADS_ATTR_INFO pAttributeEntries;
VARIANT varX;
DWORD dwAttributesReturned = 0;
hr = pDO->GetObjectAttributes
(
ppAttributeName, // objectGUID
1, // Only objectGUID
&pAttributeEntries, // Returned attributes
&dwAttributesReturned //Number of attributes returned
);
if (SUCCEEDED(hr) && dwAttributesReturned>0)
{
// This step ensures that the correct type is used
if (ADSTYPE_OCTET_STRING == pAttributeEntries->dwADsType)
{
LPGUID pObjectGUID = (GUID*)(pAttributeEntries->
pADsValues[0].OctetString.lpValue);
//OLE str to fit a GUID
LPOLESTR szDSGUID = new WCHAR [39];
//Convert GUID to string.
::StringFromGUID2(*pObjectGUID, szDSGUID, 39);
*ppGUIDString = (OLECHAR *)CoTaskMemAlloc
(sizeof(OLECHAR)*(wcslen(szDSGUID)+1));

if (*ppGUIDString)
wcscpy(*ppGUIDString, szDSGUID);
else
hr = E_FAIL;
}

else
hr = E_FAIL;

//Free the memory for the attributes.
FreeADsMem(pAttributeEntries);
VariantClear(&varX);
}
return hr;
}

HRESULT RegisterNodeType(LPOLESTR pszSchemaIDGUID)
{
LONG lResult;
HKEY hKey;
HKEY hSubKey, hNewKey;
DWORD dwDisposition;
LPOLESTR szRegSubKey = new OLECHAR[MAX_PATH];

// first, open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
lResult = RegConnectRegistry(NULL, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, &hKey);
if (ERROR_SUCCESS == lResult)
{
// go to the MMC_REG_NODETYPES subkey
lResult = RegOpenKey(hKey, MMC_REG_NODETYPES, &hSubKey);
if (ERROR_SUCCESS == lResult)
{
// Create a key for the node type of the class represented
// by pszSchemaIDGUID
lResult = RegCreateKeyEx(hSubKey, // handle of an open key
pszSchemaIDGUID, // addr of subkey name
0L, // reserved
NULL,
REG_OPTION_NON_VOLATILE,
KEY_ALL_ACCESS,
NULL,
&hNewKey,
&dwDisposition);
RegCloseKey(hSubKey);
if (ERROR_SUCCESS == lResult)
{
hSubKey = hNewKey;
// Create an extensions key
lResult = RegCreateKeyEx(hSubKey,
MMC_REG_EXTENSIONS,
0L,
NULL,
REG_OPTION_NON_VOLATILE,
KEY_ALL_ACCESS,
NULL,
&hNewKey,
&dwDisposition);
// Go to the MMC_REG_SNAPINS subkey
RegCloseKey(hSubKey);
// Build the subkey path to the NodeTypes key of
// dsadmin
wcscpy(szRegSubKey, MMC_REG_SNAPINS); //Snapins key
wcscat(szRegSubKey, L"\\");
wcscat(szRegSubKey, MMC_DSADMIN_CLSID); //CLSID for
//DSADMIN
wcscat(szRegSubKey, L"\\NodeTypes");
lResult = RegOpenKey(hKey, szRegSubKey, &hSubKey);
if (ERROR_SUCCESS == lResult)
{
// Create a key for the node type of the class
// represented by pszSchemaIDGUID
lResult = RegCreateKeyEx(
hSubKey, // handle of an open key
pszSchemaIDGUID, // address of subkey name
0L, // reserved
NULL,
REG_OPTION_NON_VOLATILE,
KEY_ALL_ACCESS,
NULL,
&hNewKey,
&dwDisposition);
RegCloseKey(hSubKey);
RegCloseKey(hSubKey);
RegCloseKey(hNewKey);
RegCloseKey(hKey);
return lResult;
}

HRESULT AddExtensionToNodeType(LPOLESTR pszSchemaIDGUID,
LPOLESTR pszExtensionType,
LPOLESTR pszExtensionSnapinCLSID,
LPOLESTR pszRegValue)
{
LONG lResult;
HKEY hKey;
HKEY hSubKey, hNewKey;
DWORD dwDisposition;
LPOLESTR szRegSubKey = new OLECHAR[MAX_PATH];
HRESULT hr = S_OK;

// first, open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
lResult = RegConnectRegistry(NULL, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, &hKey);
if (ERROR_SUCCESS == lResult)
{
// Build the subkey path to the NodeType specified by
// pszSchemaIDGUID
wcscpy(szRegSubKey, MMC_REG_NODETYPES);
wcscat(szRegSubKey, L"\\");
wcscat(szRegSubKey, pszSchemaIDGUID);
// go to the subkey
lResult = RegOpenKey(hKey, szRegSubKey, &hSubKey);
if (ERROR_SUCCESS != lResult)
{
// Create the key for the nodetype if it doesn't
// already exist.
hr = RegisterNodeType(pszSchemaIDGUID);
if (ERROR_SUCCESS != lResult)
return E_FAIL;
lResult = RegOpenKey(hKey,szRegSubKey, &hSubKey);
}
// Create an extensions key if one doesn't already exist
lResult = RegCreateKeyEx(hSubKey,
MMC_REG_EXTENSIONS,
0L,
NULL,
REG_OPTION_NON_VOLATILE,
KEY_ALL_ACCESS,
NULL,
&hNewKey,
&dwDisposition);
RegCloseKey(hSubKey);
if (ERROR_SUCCESS == lResult)
{
hSubKey = hNewKey;
// Create an extension type subkey if one doesn't
// already exist
lResult = RegCreateKeyEx(hSubKey,
pszExtensionType,
0L,
NULL,
REG_OPTION_NON_VOLATILE,
KEY_ALL_ACCESS,
NULL,
&hNewKey,
&dwDisposition);
RegCloseKey(hSubKey);
if (ERROR_SUCCESS == lResult)
{
hSubKey = hNewKey;
// Add your snap-in to the
// extension type key if it hasn't been already.
lResult = RegSetValueEx(hSubKey,
pszExtensionSnapinCLSID,
0L,
REG_SZ,
(const BYTE*)pszRegValue,
(wcslen(pszRegValue)+1)*sizeof(OLECHAR));
RegCloseKey(hSubKey);
RegCloseKey(hNewKey);
RegCloseKey(hKey);
return lResult;

Jim Langston

Maya said:
I'm trying to get a dll out of compiling the following code but I get
error:

"function-style initializer appears to be a function definition"

Although i dont have C++ experience I thought i would get the dll
without the need to understand the actual code.

Any help?

Thank you,

Maya.
< tons of code snipped >

It would help if you gave us the line number the error occured on. In fact,
you can probably just copy that one line and paste it, as this is a common
problem.

Maya

Thank you, its:

HRESULT RegisterSnapinAsExtension(_TCHAR* szNameString) // NameString
{

Maya.

Jim Langston

Maya said:
Thank you, its:

HRESULT RegisterSnapinAsExtension(_TCHAR* szNameString) // NameString
{

Maya.

Well, that's just strange, because RegisterSnapinAsExtension *is* a function
definition. What's the error number it provides? I"ll try looking at the
error number in the IDE and see if it gives any clue what the heck it's
talking about :D