SimpleMail Apache Error

coolgirl

Hi,

Im trying to send an email through a .jsp page
by pulling all the input data from a previous html page
on and apache tomcat server, however I keep getting 3 errors:

"org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP"

which relate to the import="org.apache.commons.mail.SimpleEmail"

its not pulling in the class or maybe its something I overlooked,
Another set of eyes would be very helpful

Regards

<%@page import="java.util.*"%>
<!--<%//@page import="org.apache.commons.mail.SimpleEmail"%>-->
<%@page import="org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils"%>
<!--
Copyright 2004 The Apache Software Foundation

Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at

WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
implied.
limitations under the License.
-->

<%

String aname, bname, cname, dname, ename, fname, Nname, Gname;
aname.equals(request.getParameter("Person"));

if (aname!="")
Nname.equals("Name :" + aname + "<br />");

bname.equals(request.getParameter("Email"));

if (bname!="")
Nname.equals(Nname + "Email :" + bname + "<br />");

cname.equals(request.getParameter("Phone"));

if (cname!="")
Nname.equals(Nname + "Phone :" + cname + "<br />");

dname.equals(request.getParameter("Area"));

if (dname!="")
Nname.equals(Nname +" Area :" + dname + "<br />");

ename.equals(request.getParameter("Comments"));
if (ename!="")
Nname.equals(Nname + "Comments :" + ename + "<br />");

//'Gname=Request.Form("webmaster")
//'(Gname)
//'response.Write(Nname)
//'response.Write(fname)

SimpleEmail email = new SimpleEmail();
email.setHostName("HostName");
email.addTo("webmaster", "You");
email.setFrom("Email", "Me");
email.setSubject("Test message");
email.setMsg("Nname");
email.send();

//Set myMail=CreateObject("CDO.Message")
//myMail.Subject="Contact from omni-sound"
//myMail.From=Request.Form("Email")
//myMail.To=Request.Form("webmaster")
//myMail.HTMLBody=Nname
//myMail.Send

//'response.Write("<br />Sent<br />")
fname=request.getParameter("next_url");
if( fname!="" )
response.sendRedirect(fname);//'response.Write

%>

</h1>

PerfectDayToChaseTornados

| Hi,
|
| Im trying to send an email through a .jsp page
| by pulling all the input data from a previous html page
| on and apache tomcat server, however I keep getting 3 errors:
|
| "org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP"
|
| which relate to the import="org.apache.commons.mail.SimpleEmail"
|
| its not pulling in the class or maybe its something I overlooked,
| Another set of eyes would be very helpful
|
| Regards

Hi,

Have you got the class (or jar containing the class) in your classpath?

It's pretty ugly putting that kind of functionality in a JSP anyway & hard
to test/refactor/re-use the code. You should really move it to another class
& call it via a Servlet or Command Object in an MVC framework (e.g. Spring
or Struts)

--
-P
"Programs that are hard to read are hard to modify.

( Kent Beck)