    pointers or ideas that might be useful for me?

    Thank you!
    Stephan

    Stephan Kurpjuweit, Apr 15, 2005

  2. I think there is software around that can convert a DTD to a W3C XML
    schema, you might want to google for that.

    Martin Honnen, Apr 15, 2005

  3. You could generate your own "simplified DocBook schema.
    Take DocBook files that are important to you and use
    a script that analyses their content. This program then
    produces a Schema file, describing all elements found.
    I have written such a script myself, but my script
    produces a DTD, not a Schema.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Kahrs?=, Apr 15, 2005
  4. With latest release of Docbook NG (relax NG support for Docbook, new
    version 5), Norman Walsh also provided Simplified Docbook NG

    http://norman.walsh.name/2005/04/12/kahlua
    http://docbook.org/docbook-ng/simple/kahlua/

    You can download grammar in two flavours rng (xml syntax) and rnc
    (compact syntax). With that you obtain a richer grammar than DTD, and
    even more than what an XML schema may provide.

    If you really need w3c xml schema you can convert existing grammar in a
    dtd using trang http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/trang-manual.html

    Sylvain

    s. caillibotte, Apr 17, 2005