Help! Error when doing docbook.

Yarco

I'm learning for docbook under win32.
I download:
openjade-1_3_1-2-bin
docbook-xml-4.4
docbook-dsssl-1.79
ldp.dsl
And then copy all openjade bin\ to win32 system\, and then create a
directory share\ under my workhome.
Copy openjade-dsssl, docbook-xml-4.4, docbook-dsssl-1.79 to share\.
ldp.dsl into docbook-dsssl-1.79\html\.
Under share\, i write a catalog as the following:

OVERRIDE YES
CATALOG "E:/shawn/workshop/docbook/share/openjade-dsssl/catalog"
CATALOG "E:/shawn/workshop/docbook/share/docbook-dsssl-1.79/catalog"
CATALOG "E:/shawn/workshop/docbook/share/docbook-xml-4.4/catalog"

Path set is ok, and i also change the 'docbook.cat' to 'catalog'.
Comment the DTDDECL declare.

Then I write a xml file with
<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DOCUMENT DocBook HTML
Stylesheet//EN">

When i run:
E:\shawn\workshop\docbook>openjade -t xml -d
E:\shawn\workshop\docbook\share\doc
book-dsssl-1.79\html\ldp.dsl#html
E:\shawn\workshop\docbook\share\docbook-dsssl-
1.79\dtds\decls\xml.dcl -c share\catalog test.xml

I get the following errors:
openjade:E: cannot open "-c" (No such file or directory)
openjade:E: cannot open "builtins.dsl" (No such file or directory)
openjade:share\catalog:1:0:E: character "O" not allowed in prolog
openjade:E:\shawn\workshop\docbook\share\docbook-dsssl-1.79\html\ldp.dsl:2:54:W:
cannot generate system identifier for public text "-//James Clark//DTD
DSSSL St
yle Sheet//EN"
openjade:test.xml:2:0:E: non SGML character number 0
openjade:E:\shawn\workshop\docbook\share\docbook-dsssl-1.79\html\ldp.dsl:16:0:E:
reference to entity "STYLE-SHEET" for which no system identifier could
be gener
ated
openjade:E:\shawn\workshop\docbook\share\docbook-dsssl-1.79\html\ldp.dsl:1:0:
en
tity was defined here
openjade:test.xml:2:2:E: non SGML character number 0
openjade:E:\shawn\workshop\docbook\share\docbook-dsssl-1.79\html\ldp.dsl:16:0:E:
DTD did not contain element declaration for document type name
openjade:test.xml:2:3:E: character "<

I don't know how to deal with it. I just follow the steps of "DocBook:
The Definitive Guide".

Peter Flynn

Yarco said:
I'm learning for docbook under win32. [...]
When i run:
E:\shawn\workshop\docbook>openjade -t xml -d
E:\shawn\workshop\docbook\share\doc
book-dsssl-1.79\html\ldp.dsl#html
E:\shawn\workshop\docbook\share\docbook-dsssl-
1.79\dtds\decls\xml.dcl -c share\catalog test.xml

I get the following errors:
openjade:E: cannot open "-c" (No such file or directory)

I think the command must give all the options before the declaration
and the document filename, so the sequence must be:

....-c share\catalog xml.dcl test.xml

///Peter

Yarco

Hi Peter, now i use xsltproc to get it work.
And i'm still puzzled with openjade.
Whether openjade can do the work under the following enviroment or
task:
win32
non-english word
xml
docbook-xml-dtd-4.4
docbook-dsl
I google whole the world, but never seeing someone use
openjade+docbook-dsl, I think openjade might only support dsssl.
But if i use dsssl with docbook-xml-dtd, there might be a lot of errors
show out.
or Non SGML charactor, or no system identifier or not define "Russsion
So i doubt that, openjade might be only a sgml translate tool not for
xml docbook.