Sinatra Application with ActivRecord 2.3.9 and MassAssignmen

Astrid Kurbin

Hi,
i tried my first sinatra application with ruby 1.9.2 and ActiveRecord
2.3.9
and the massassignment doesn't work. New Database entry is nil for all
parameters.
If i use ActiveRecord 2.3.5 everything works fine.
Anybody an idea if this is an bug?

Here is my source:

The model:

class Tag < ActiveRecord::Base
end

The spec:

require 'service'
require 'spec'
require 'spec/interop/test'
require 'rack/test'
require '/models/tag'

set :enviroment, :test
Test::Unit::TestCase.send :include, Rack::Test::Methods

def app
Sinatra::Application
end

describe "service" do
before:)each) do
Tag.delete_all
end

describe "GET on /api/v1/tags/:id" do
before:)each) do
Tag.create(
:description => "test",
:type => "some")
end
end
end

Thanks,
astrid

Brian Candler

Astrid said:
Hi,
i tried my first sinatra application with ruby 1.9.2 and ActiveRecord
2.3.9
and the massassignment doesn't work. New Database entry is nil for all
parameters.
If i use ActiveRecord 2.3.5 everything works fine.
Anybody an idea if this is an bug?

ActiveRecord is a component of Rails; I suggest you ask on a Rails forum
if it's a known issue.

IIWM, I'd redo this as a standalone test at the irb prompt (or
script/console)

Then it's explicit that this is an issue with ActiveRecord, and takes
rspec and sinatra out of the picture. Or alternatively, if that works as
expected, you can start looking elsewhere for the issue.