sitemap

Claudia Fong

I have a sitemap in my asp.net application and currently if I don't want
to show some of the buttons, I will put a comment of the node that I
don't want to be show, but I was wondering if I can control this in the
web.config instead of hard coded in the actual sitemap
Please see below the code

Cheers

Claudia

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<siteMap xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/AspNet/SiteMap-File-1.0" >
<siteMapNode url="~/Default.aspx" title="Home" description="">
<!--siteMapNode url="~/Overview.aspx" title="Overview"
description="btnOverview.gif">
</siteMapNode>
<siteMapNode url="~/Orders.aspx" title="Orders"
description="btnOrders.gif">
</siteMapNode>-->
<siteMapNode url="~/Move.aspx" title="Move" description="btnMove.gif">
</siteMapNode>
<siteMapNode url="~/Logout.aspx" title="Logout"
description="Logout.gif">
</siteMapNode>
</siteMapNode>
</siteMap>

Cheers!

Claudi

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Offhand, no.

There are ways to kludge this with things like resource key (then a 1x1
clear pixel graphic?), but the best method is to set up a custom provider if
you want to step outside the box like this. Of course, if showing or not
showing is based on a user's identity, roles works nicely, but you are then
pulled into either the ASP.NET Membership classes or a custom Membership
provider.