SiteMapResolve Event does not fire

Jay

I have a simple wesite with a SiteMap. I am using the Menu Control for
navigation. Some of the URLs in the site map refer to external pages
outside of the website. When a user clicks on an "external" menu item I
need to indicate on my site that the user has accessed the external link.
To do this I am using the SiteMapResolve event of the SiteMap object using
the code below:

The SiteMapResolve event was firing just fine and then all of a sudden it
stopped working.

Any Ideas?

jay lindsay

Handles Me.Load

AddHandler SiteMap.SiteMapResolve, AddressOf Me.MyNavigation

End Sub

Private Function MyNavigation(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
SiteMapResolveEventArgs) As SiteMapNode

Dim currentNode As SiteMapNode = SiteMap.CurrentNode.Clone(True)

'Dim x As String = currentNode.Title

'Dim y As String = currentNode.Url

Return (currentNode)

End Function

Jay

I rebooted my pc and the event started working. That is disconcerting.
However, I have learned that the SiteMapResolve event does not fire when the
URL is external. Is this correct?

I want a general way to handle some things each time a menuitem is clicked
(before transfering to the new page) whether the URL is internal or
external.

Any good suggestions. I can think of some hacks but I want this to be
simple and straight forward.

Jay Lindsay