Slow Treeview refresh after check

don schilling

After a user clicks a checkbox on a small tree, there is a 3 to 4 second
delay while the trees refresh before you can make another check. This is way
to long to be usable. I have 4 seperate small trees in a frame using
autopostback so I can get the check event. ViewState is enabled. The trees
do not repopulate from the db on postback. In the check event, the only work
being done is to write a session var: If
tvDepts.GetNodeFromIndex(e.Node.ToString).Checked = True Then, sSessionName
= "varNode" + e.Node.ToString. If the machine has more than 256 of memory,
then the response is ok. Any ideas?