Small emacs fix for Google group users

Rustom Mody

For the double spacing rubbish produced by GG, I hacked up a bit of
emacs lisp code
---------
(defun clean-gg ()
(interactive)
(replace-regexp "^> +\n> +\n> +$" "-=\=-" nil 0 (point-max))
(flush-lines "> +$" 0 (point-max))
(replace-regexp "-=\=-" "" nil 0 (point-max)))

(global-set-key (kbd "<f9>") 'clean-gg)
--------------
To try
1. Eval the following in emacs*
2. Cut-paste the quoted text from GG into emacs
3. Call with F9
4. Cut-paste back into GG

* Yeah emacs usage will seem weird to non emacs users
Im just hoping some more habitual emacs users can try this, maybe a
few tweaks here and there and then less habituated emacs users can try
it.

For now if you put the elisp above in a file gg.el and start emacs with
$ emacs -l gg.el
(thats an el not a one) it should do the eval above.

Rusi