SOAPpy under Python 2.6

leith

I am having problems with SOAPpy after we upgraded to Python 2.6

Here is the exception I keep getting:

File "C:\Dev\Phoenix\SAPI.py", line 2561, in getSystemInfo
obj = self.soapProxy.getSystemInfo()
File "c:\python26\Lib\site-packages\SOAPpy\Client.py", line 470, in
__call__
return self.__r_call(*args, **kw)
File "c:\python26\Lib\site-packages\SOAPpy\Client.py", line 492, in
__r_call
self.__hd, self.__ma)
File "c:\python26\Lib\site-packages\SOAPpy\Client.py", line 363, in
__call
config = self.config)
TypeError: call() got multiple values for keyword argument 'encoding'

Could some please help me with this?

I don't have the faintest idea what the exception is on about and
SOAPpy\Client.py is very hard to follow.

Leith Bade

Terry Reedy

I am having problems with SOAPpy after we upgraded to Python 2.6

Here is the exception I keep getting:

File "C:\Dev\Phoenix\SAPI.py", line 2561, in getSystemInfo
obj = self.soapProxy.getSystemInfo()
File "c:\python26\Lib\site-packages\SOAPpy\Client.py", line 470, in
__call__
return self.__r_call(*args, **kw)
File "c:\python26\Lib\site-packages\SOAPpy\Client.py", line 492, in
__r_call
self.__hd, self.__ma)
File "c:\python26\Lib\site-packages\SOAPpy\Client.py", line 363, in
__call
config = self.config)
TypeError: call() got multiple values for keyword argument 'encoding'

Could some please help me with this?

I don't have the faintest idea what the exception is on about and
SOAPpy\Client.py is very hard to follow.

As for the error:
IDLE 3.0Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#3>", line 1, in <module>
f(2,a=3)
TypeError: f() got multiple values for keyword argument 'a'

I therefore suspect that this line
return self.__r_call(*args, **kw)
gave 'encoding' both positionally in args and nominally in kw.

But then I would expect that to be the end of the traceback.