    server} that I found on two tutorials.

    Where to go? I've wasted quite a lot of time.

    Thanks, Matt

    ballpointpenthief, Jan 5, 2006

  2. ballpointpenthief

    Eric Sosman Guest

    No; C has no built-in networking facilities. Since it
    appears you're using Windows, try a Windows forum. Or,
    since you seem to be using the POSIX bindings, try a POSIX
    or Unix forum.
    When you find an appropriate forum, you might take time
    to elaborate on "some compilation error" and "linker errors."
    All anyone can do with the information provided is guess that
    you have made "some" mistakes "somewhere."
    You'll waste more if you don't learn to make a better
    problem report. "Doctor, it hurts!" "Where does it hurt?"
    "In my body." "Take two aspirin and call me in the morning."

    Good luck -- and remember: Very few of the people who may
    want to help you happen to be mind-readers.

    Eric Sosman, Jan 5, 2006

  3. ballpointpenthief

    jacob navia Guest

    ballpointpenthief a écrit :
    Hi

    The first thing to do is read the documentation... isn't it?

    Download from the lcc-win32 site:
    http://www.q-software-solutions.de/pub/tutorial.pdf
    and read the Network Programming part, beginning with
    section 4.7: Client/Server programming using sockets.

    When you understand that, you can go further. Since lcc-win32
    is not on topic here (this group is about the C language)
    pose any further questions in the newsgroup
    comp.compilers.lcc

    jacob

    jacob navia, Jan 5, 2006
  4. You posted the same question twice, about 2 minutes apart. If this
    was deliberate, it's a bad idea; if it wasn't, figuring out and
    avoiding whatever you did to do this is a good idea.

    Keith Thompson, Jan 5, 2006