    fashon to each of the end points. The flashier and nicer the animation
    here the better, and I have a lot of leeway as far as how the lines
    are drawn. Any ideas? Thanks!

    Ben, Sep 4, 2003

  2. Ben

    VK Guest

    Use Macromedia Flash, this is exactly what it was created for!

    VK, Sep 4, 2003

  3. Ben

    Evertjan. Guest

    Ben wrote on 04 sep 2003 in comp.lang.javascript:
    Not quite your question, but please look at the moving arrows I developed
    earlier, tested for IE6:

    <http://devrijehuisarts.org/test/jsarrow.asp>

    <http://devrijehuisarts.org/test/jsarrow2.asp>

    Evertjan., Sep 4, 2003
  4. Ben

    Jim Ley Guest

    Use a vector language, SVG, Flash and VML can all be created using
    javascript languages, flash must of course be hosted in a compiled
    flash file, the others are straight text markup languages.

    Jim.

    Jim Ley, Sep 4, 2003
  5. Ben

    Ben Guest

    This is something I had thought of, but I was hoping to avoid flash
    altogether in leiu of using technology which is built into the
    browser. Lets say, for the sake of argument, that I cannot use flash.
    Is what I propose to do at all possible to implement using only
    javascript?

    Ben, Sep 4, 2003
  6. This is something I had thought of, but I was hoping to avoid flash
    You can make lots of tiny colored divs. You can then place them in rows. I have
    made interactive splines where you drag three control points and the divs get
    moved around to fill in the curves. This stuff works in all standard browsers,
    but is fastest in IE.

    http://www.crockford.com

    Douglas Crockford, Sep 4, 2003
  7. (Ben) wrote in message

    hi Ben,

    you may want to check this out:

    http://www.walterzorn.com/jsgraphics/jsgraphics_e.htm

    regards - peterS. -

    peter seliger, Sep 8, 2003
  8. I've seen this being done a couple of years ago. I saw the code, and the
    code called a .dll file that is a part of windows. Cannot remember what file
    it was. Could also been an ocx-file.

    Geir Klemetsen, Sep 12, 2003