SOP for expected Timeout?

Erwin Moller

Jorge schreef:
Not me. What annoys me are the posts along the lines of yours.

Fine, you are completely entitled to your own opinion.
When/if you have nothing to say, don't say anything (i.e. don't post),
thanks.

So you decided to post a reply 4 days after the last message?

Jorge, why don't you live by your own rule: "When/if you have nothing to
say, don't say anything" ??

If I think Kenny is posting nonsense, or spamming in here, I will tell
him that, excactly like I did, regardless your opinion on the matter.
thanks.

Regards,
Erwin Moller

-- C.A.R. Hoare

Kenny

Erwin said:
Jorge schreef:

Fine, you are completely entitled to your own opinion.

So you decided to post a reply 4 days after the last message?

Jorge, why don't you live by your own rule: "When/if you have nothing to
say, don't say anything" ??

If I think Kenny is posting nonsense, or spamming in here, I will tell
him that, excactly like I did, regardless your opinion on the matter.
thanks.

It all just gets so self-referential, doesn't it?

Why don't we just wait until I announce JCells*? Assuming of course my
nay-sayers are not intellectually honest enough to Just Read This:

http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cells/cells-manifesto.txt?root=cells&view=markup

....to decide whether I know anything about dataflow/FRP.

Meanwhile, I have not been fired (yet) and the client wants five new
screens so (a) I am glad I am using an application framework instead of
writing html/css and (b) it is not clear to me how a working JS
programmer writing about a JS framework in a JS newsgroup is either
nonsense or spamming or trolling.

p,k

* I am wading through the OO section of http://eloquentjavascript.net/.
Awesome. I had been looking in vain for something like that since JCells
is all about extending object models. Very well written, a rare thing in
technical writing.

David Mark

[snip]
* I am wading through the OO section ofhttp://eloquentjavascript.net/.

Didn't look at that section, but if it is anything like the DOM and
events sections, it should be avoided.

From the event section:

function normaliseEvent(event) {
if (!event.stopPropagation) {
event.stopPropagation = function() {this.cancelBubble = true;};
event.preventDefault = function() {this.returnValue = false;};
}

[snip]

Kenny

David said:
[snip]

* I am wading through the OO section ofhttp://eloquentjavascript.net/.

Didn't look at that section, but if it is anything like the DOM and
events sections, it should be avoided.

I'll know by the time I finish JCells if he got it wrong. But then I
would probably just send in corrections to make his book even better.
From the event section:

function normaliseEvent(event) {
if (!event.stopPropagation) {
event.stopPropagation = function() {this.cancelBubble = true;};
event.preventDefault = function() {this.returnValue = false;};
}

[snip]

You should write a "black belt" book. Or start a Web page, sell some
ads. But ya gots to go MIT on the license if you really want to rule the
world.

p,k

David Mark

David said:
* I am wading through the OO section ofhttp://eloquentjavascript.net/.
Didn't look at that section, but if it is anything like the DOM and
events sections, it should be avoided.

I'll know by the time I finish JCells if he got it wrong. But then I
Whatever.

would probably just send in corrections to make his book even better.

Good for you.
From the event section:
function normaliseEvent(event) {
  if (!event.stopPropagation) {
    event.stopPropagation = function() {this.cancelBubble = true;};
    event.preventDefault = function() {this.returnValue = false;};
  }

You should write a "black belt" book. Or start a Web page, sell some

A "black belt" book? I don't know what that means. And I have a Web
page. Thank you.

[snip]

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

David said:
Kenny said:
You should write a "black belt" book. [...]

A "black belt" book? I don't know what that means.

A black belt represents the lower master's ranks (Dan) in several Japanese,
Korean, and Chinese martial arts.

HTH

PointedEars

Erwin Moller

Kenny schreef:
It all just gets so self-referential, doesn't it?

It sure does.

But I love Douglas Hofstadter's work, so I don't mind a little
self-referencing. ;-)
Did you by any chance read any of his books?
I loved "The mind's I".
Right now I am halfway "I am a Strange loop", but I am stuck trying to
understand Godel's Incompleteness proof, and I refuse to read any futher
untill I 'got it'.
Why don't we just wait until I announce JCells*?

It is not the JCells I had a problem with, it is the announcing. ;-)

Peace.

Regards,
Erwin Moller

-- C.A.R. Hoare