spawn process in a new console window

eglaser

Hello,

I have a script that launches a sequence of other programs, some GUI,
some console. I'd like the console programs to launch in their own
console window, instead of all of them sharing the script's console.
How do I do that?

I'm on Windows, and currently I'm using os.spawnl(...) to launch the
programs.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Eli

gregpinero

Hello,

I have a script that launches a sequence of other programs, some GUI,
some console. I'd like the console programs to launch in their own
console window, instead of all of them sharing the script's console.
How do I do that?

Would the subprocess module help here? It's available in Python 2.4
onwards. I think it's supposed to be a one stop shop for all your
external application launching needs (Python group, please correct me
if I'm wrong here).

-Greg

Laurent Pointal

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
Would the subprocess module help here? It's available in Python 2.4
onwards. I think it's supposed to be a one stop shop for all your
external application launching needs (Python group, please correct me
if I'm wrong here).

-Greg

Try to use "start"

Open a new console with a cmd shell in it.

See start documentation here http://www.ss64.com/nt/start.html
Or typing help start on the command line.