    In Python, methods and objects are only generated, if reached: so could
    this represent a performance advantage for Python?

    Thanks!

    reinsn, May 19, 2006

  2. No, this is a misunderstanding on your side. In all OO-languages, the code
    (methods) are separated from the instance. Thus creating an object results
    in memory allocation _only_ for the members of that object, not any
    methods! In python, this boils down to a dictionary holding the members,
    JAVA/C++ allocate whatever the class makes them to.

    So, no, no performance advantage.

    Diez

    Diez B. Roggisch, May 19, 2006