sprintf format type tag for double??

james

I abstract it form MSDN, the Type tag is %f
Table R.3 printf Type Field Characters

Character Type Output Format
c int or wint_t When used with printf functions, specifies a
single-byte character; when used with wprintf functions, specifies a wide
character.
C int or wint_t When used with printf functions, specifies a wide
character; when used with wprintf functions, specifies a single-byte
character.
d int Signed decimal integer.
i int Signed decimal integer.
o int Unsigned octal integer.
u int Unsigned decimal integer.
x int Unsigned hexadecimal integer, using "abcdef."
X int Unsigned hexadecimal integer, using "ABCDEF."
e double Signed value having the form [ - ]d.dddd e [sign]ddd where d
is a single decimal digit, dddd is one or more decimal digits, ddd is
exactly three decimal digits, and sign is + or -.
E double Identical to the e format except that E rather than e
introduces the exponent.
f double Signed value having the form [ - ]dddd.dddd, where dddd is
one or more decimal digits. The number of digits before the decimal point
depends on the magnitude of the number, and the number of digits after the
decimal point depends on the requested precision.
g double Signed value printed in f or e format, whichever is more
compact for the given value and precision. The e format is used only when
the exponent of the value is less than -4 or greater than or equal to the
precision argument. Trailing zeros are truncated, and the decimal point
appears only if one or more digits follow it.
G double Identical to the g format, except that E, rather than e,
introduces the exponent (where appropriate).
n Pointer to integer Number of characters successfully written so
far to the stream or buffer; this value is stored in the integer whose
address is given as the argument.
p Pointer to void Prints the address pointed to by the argument in the
form xxxx:yyyy where xxxx is the segment and yyyy is the offset, and the
digits x and y are uppercase hexadecimal digits.
s String When used with printf functions, specifies a
single-byte-character string; when used with wprintf functions, specifies a
wide-character string. Characters are printed up to the first null character
or until the precision value is reached.
S String When used with printf functions, specifies a wide-character
string; when used with wprintf functions, specifies a single-byte-character
string. Characters are printed up to the first null character or until the
precision value is reached.

Would anyone know if there a type tag to format a double?

I have f for floating point, but cannot find one for double.

Jonathan Turkanis

J said:
Would anyone know if there a type tag to format a double?

I have f for floating point, but cannot find one for double.

Actually, %f works for double or float. Same for %e, %E, %g and %G.
You'll probably get a better answer to this type of question in
comp.lang.c.

Jonathan

Rolf Magnus

J said:
Would anyone know if there a type tag to format a double?

I have f for floating point, but cannot find one for double.

Actually, f is the one for double. In variable argument lists like
sprintf's, certain conversions are always done on the arguments. One of
them is a converion of float to double. So sprintf actually _never_
gets a float.

Victor Bazarov

J said:
Would anyone know if there a type tag to format a double?

I have f for floating point, but cannot find one for double.

And the difference between 'double' and 'floating point' is...?

Gil

Victor Bazarov said:
And the difference between 'double' and 'floating point' is...?

double are larger than a floating point. doubles often are 8 byte,
float 4 byte. The double can store much larger number than the
floating point.