sql server memory leak

scott_mcarthur2003

We are running asp (not asp.net) and vb com dll web sites on a machine
which also has sql server 2000 sp3a running and uses Windows Server
2003. We recently migrated from Windows 2000 (same database) where we
had no problems. However on the new machine, despite much being much
more powerful and having the same usage, the box is periodically
grinding to a halt. The cause seems to be sql server using excessive
amounts of memory, it steadily builds up to after a reboot to a high
level. This seems to point in the direction of a memory leak, is
anyone aware of any such problems with asp/sql server on windows 2003
and how to diagnose/fix them. I am aware of some unclosed connections
in the asp code and objects that have not be set to nothing but this
did not seem to cause a problem in the old machine and it is not
practical to fix them all in the short term. I thought it might be
unclosed connections although when I looked at SQL Server:General
Statistics and User Connections I did not seem to see a large or
increasing number of connections.