Stack_overflow error

Aung Thet Naing

I'm having Stack_overflow exception in _ctypes_callproc (callproc.c). The error actually come from the:

cleanup:
for (i = 0; i < argcount; ++i)
Py_XDECREF(args.keep);

when args.keep->ob_refCnt == 1

Aung.

Chris Angelico

I'm having Stack_overflow exception in _ctypes_callproc (callproc.c). The error actually come from the:

cleanup:
for (i = 0; i < argcount; ++i)
Py_XDECREF(args.keep);

when args.keep->ob_refCnt == 1

Can you offer more details? I'm guessing you're using ctypes from a
Python script; can you share the script with us?

What Python version are you using? What procedure are you calling?

ChrisA

Dieter Maurer

Aung Thet Naing said:
I'm having Stack_overflow exception in _ctypes_callproc (callproc.c). The error actually come from the:

cleanup:
for (i = 0; i < argcount; ++i)
Py_XDECREF(args.keep);

when args.keep->ob_refCnt == 1

Really a stack overflow or a general segmentation violation?
Under *nix, both are not easy to distinguish -- but maybe, you are
working with Windows?

Aung Thet Naing

I'm sorry that I have been away from this issue for a while.

Yes, I'm working on windows. I need to review the error again so that I could rephrase my issue clearly.

Thanks.

Aung.