strange 404 error

Sean Nolan

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered something similar to the error I've pasted below. We get similar errors when someone hits a bad link etc., but the part I can't figure out here is where the string "ExpenseWatch_files" come from. The page TEPrintFrame.aspx resides in the TE folder. There is no intermediate directory and the string "ExpenseWatch_files" does not exist anywhere in our code. Also, I'm pretty sure that the user never knows that an error occurred even though it is trapped and reported.

Thanks in advance,

Sean Nolan

Message:
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ExpenseWatchApp\TE\ExpenseWatch_files\TEPrintFrame.aspx

Source:
System.Web

Stack Trace:
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem()
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstanceInternal(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String url, String path)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)

Kevin Spencer

Probably a hacker, probing for a specific vulnerability in some commercial
product called "ExpenseWatch".

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer