strange getch+kbhit behaviour

Dik T. Winter

> Tak-Shing Chan wrote: ....
>
> But the code is not meaningful nor compilable without the getch
> source, and thus nobody here can offer any accurate helpful code
> criticisms or suggestions. Useless postings are off-topic.

The original code is *obviously* OS dependent, it uses an include
file "dpmi.h" that is not defined. So it is only compilable if that
include file is present. I have no idea what OS that is (although
I can take a guess, I can not verify).

Tak-Shing Chan

But the code is not meaningful nor compilable without the getch
source, and thus nobody here can offer any accurate helpful code
criticisms or suggestions. Useless postings are off-topic.

Please correct the following. It doesn't seem to work.

bletch(violently);
if (foo.bar == GARBAGE) puts("garbage");
else reparse();

Incomplete posts per se are not off-topic. Only if the OP
has refused to post complete code after being asked to do so
would they become off-topic.

This will be my last post on this thread. I apologise for
prolonging this thread unnecessarily.

Tak-Shing

Default User

CBFalconer said:
No, this posting is completely normal.

That includes all the quotes? If so, then I suspect that the post I was
replying to contained something that made my newsreader switch to a
MIME mode or something.

Brian

CBFalconer said:
No, this posting is completely normal.

I just took another look. The previous message from Simone had a funny
character in the subject line. When I do a reply to it, my newsreader
switches character sets from the default US ASCII to Unicode (UTF-7). I
suspect that's it.

Brian

Dik said:
From the headers:

Yep, see my post elsewhere. Looks like XanaNews takes on the charset of
the original in replies.

Brian