    Note: I'm looking for a method to directly remove rows from a gridview
    without having to rebinding gridview to datasource controls etc...

    Dev

    Dev, May 5, 2007

  2. Eliyahu Goldin, May 6, 2007

  3. Dev

    Dev Guest

    Hi Goldin,

    Just check the object returned by Gridview.controls(0). This is a Childtable
    which you can typecast to Table.
    Using this you can add new rows, delete rows (as I've mentioned) in a
    gridview directly. Let me know if u figure out how to overcome the problem
    I've mentioned below.

    Dev

    Dev, May 7, 2007
  4. Dev

    Dev Guest

    Hi Gaurav,

    Thanks. I'm trying to do this in ASP.net and gridview is bount to a
    datatable. I dont need to use a datasource control in this case as I'm not
    trying to delete any rows from the database.

    How to remove rows from the source datatable on postback?

    Do I have to access database on postback, recreate the datatable without the
    rows I want to get rid off and bind the datatable to the gridview is it? If
    so it doesnt sound a good method for me as I dont want to access the
    database unnecessarily.

    Any ideas?

    Dev

    Dev, May 9, 2007