GridView - Problem with Table.Rows.Remove( )

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Dev, May 2, 2007.

  1. Dev

    Dev Guest

    Hi,

    I have a gridview from which i want to remove gridviewrows onfly.
    I remove the rows as follows:

    Dim oTable as Table = CType(oGridViewRow.Parent, Table)
    oTable.Rows.Remove(CType(oGridViewRow, TableRow))

    Above removes required rows from the gridview but the problem is on
    postback, it adds blank rows again to the gridview. Is it because viewstate
    is enabled? But it doesnt add all the deleted rows but always adds one less.

    How can I control this, so that it will not add blank rows on postback?

    [The gridview is not bound to any datasource controls. So it is not possible
    to blankout databindings, delete a row from the datasource control and then
    reset bindings too.]

    Thanks.

    Dev

    Dev, May 2, 2007

  2. Dev

    Dev Guest

    Hi, further to this,

    I know I can code the Gridview_PreRender( ) event to remove blank rows again
    on a postback but is there any other better ways of accomplishing this? I
    dont like this idea because I have to loop through the grid again on the
    prerender event and delete blank rows. This will slow me down in case if my
    grid is having many rows.

    Dev

    Dev, May 2, 2007