strange results

Fig

I am having a problem with a graphics program that I created.
Actually, I don't know if it is the program or a bug in Python. The
code for the program is as follows;

from gasp import *

begin_graphics(width=640, height=480, title='Houses at Night',
background=color.BLACK)

def draw_house(x, y):
a = (x, y + 100)
b = (x +50, y +140)
c = (x +100, y + 100)
Box((x, y), 100, 100, filled=True, color=color.BLUE) # the
house
Box((x + 35, y), 30, 50, filled=True, color=color.GREEN) #
the door
Circle((x + 62, y + 16), 1, filled=True, color=color.GOLD)
# the door knob
Box((x + 20, y + 60), 20, 20, filled=True,
color=color.YELLOW) # the left window
Line((x + 20, y + 71), (x + 40, y + 71),
color=color.ORANGE) # horizontal line (left window)
Line((x + 29, y + 60), (x + 29, y + 80),
color=color.ORANGE) # vertical line (left window)
Box((x + 60, y + 60), 20, 20, filled=True,
color=color.YELLOW) # the right window
Line((x + 60, y + 71), (x + 80, y + 71),
color=color.ORANGE) # horizontal line (right window)
Line((x + 69, y + 60), (x + 69, y + 80),
color=color.ORANGE) # vertical line (right window)
Polygon([a, b, c], filled=True, color=color.RED) # the roof

draw_house(20, 20)
draw_house(270, 20)
draw_house(520, 20)
draw_house(145, 180)
draw_house(395, 180)
draw_house(270, 340)

update_when('key_pressed')
end_graphics()
ends here, but it

When I run the program, I do not get any error messages but there are
parts of the 'draw_house' function missing on the canvas. Each call to
'draw_house has different things missing, they are not all the exact
same. There are some parts that show in one call to 'draw_house' that
do not show in others and visa versa. Does anyone have any idea what
may be going on?

Fig

I took out all of the color commands that were in the shape functions
and all of the features to the 'draw_house' function showed showed up.
I started putting the color commands back into the shape functions and
have no problems with some of them but when I put the color command
back into others, some of the features start to disappear. As far as I
can see, all of the code is right but I'm just a beginner so I am not
for sure. Can anyone tell me why this is doing what it is.

Alexander Kapps

I took out all of the color commands that were in the shape functions
and all of the features to the 'draw_house' function showed showed up.
I started putting the color commands back into the shape functions and
have no problems with some of them but when I put the color command
back into others, some of the features start to disappear. As far as I
can see, all of the code is right but I'm just a beginner so I am not
for sure. Can anyone tell me why this is doing what it is.

Just tried your program on Ubuntu 10.04 with Python 2.6.5 and GASP
0.3.3 and it worked fine. What OS, Python version and GASP version
are you using?

If you don't get an answer here, try asking on the Launchpad project
site:

https://launchpad.net/gasp

Fig

Just tried your program on Ubuntu 10.04 with Python 2.6.5 and GASP
0.3.3 and it worked fine. What OS, Python version and GASP version
are you using?

If you don't get an answer here, try asking on the Launchpad project
site:

https://launchpad.net/gasp

My OS is Windows 7, Python 2.7.2, I downloaded and installed the
python-gasp-0.2.0beta1.win32.exe file, and I also have these
installed: Python 2.7 pygame-1.9.2a0 and Python 2.7 pywin32-216

Anssi Saari

Fig said:
My OS is Windows 7, Python 2.7.2, I downloaded and installed the
python-gasp-0.2.0beta1.win32.exe file, and I also have these
installed: Python 2.7 pygame-1.9.2a0 and Python 2.7 pywin32-216

Then maybe that old beta version is your problem? For the record, your
code works for me too in Linux and python-gasp 0.3.3.

Looks like there's no Windows installer for newer python-gasp. Maybe you
could install with easy_install as they describe on the site?