Struts 1.1 and Sun iPlanet 6.0 (SP4)

Paul Symes

Hi,

I am trying to get Struts 1.1 to run under iPlanet 6.0 (SP4) without any
success. When iPlanet attempts to initialise my web application, it raises
a multitude of errors dependent on the configuration I am trying. These
errors range from not finding the default class for the Apache Logging libs
to not finding a class or method in the Struts package.

When I tried installing one of the sample webapps provided with the Struts
1.1 binary download, iPlanet throws a ServletException when I try to access
the site (although at least the server does start with this app - the app I
have developed causes the server to be suspended on start up)

I have read on some newsgroups/web sites that there are problems with Struts
1.1 and iPlanet, and that there are problems with Log4j and Struts 1.1, but
I cannot find a definitive answer to my problems. Has anyone else had
similiar trouble, and if so, how was it fixed? Any suggestions, references,
or possible routes of discovery would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Paul Symes