Struts charset problem on Sun One

Michael Uplawski

Hello everybody.

A working Struts web-application is causing trouble, when deployed on
Sun One. Previous successful deployments had been on Tomcat standalone
(1.31+), BEA-Weblogic and JBoss (no reliable version-information, at
this time).

The phenomenon is this: German special Characters 'ä', 'ö', 'ß',
'ü' and others, included in iso-8859-1, can correctly be transferred
to the application and subsequently to the database, via <html:form/>
and <html:text/> input.
They are also displayed, when read from there.

Unfortunately, though, the contents of the input fields will be
garbled, immediately after the submit(). I have now tried to force the
a charset werever deemed appropriate, and also chose UTF-8 in the
html-meta-tags and in the <html:form/>-definition. Now, I wait for the
feedback of the users, because, *I do not have a Sun One Server*
available for testing... 8-(

Could you clap my shoulders and say something funny..?

TY,

Michael

Michael Uplawski

One solution to the previously described problem had been found in the
Sun One configuration.

My own trials to cope with locale-settings inside the
struts-applications have, so far, all been futile. In the meantime,
succes was reported after the sun-web.xml had been altered as follows:
--------------------
<sun-web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee">
<context-root>/VgerWebClient</context-root>
<local-charset-info>
<parameter-encoding default-charset="UTF-8" />
</local-charset-info>
</sun-web-app>

Michael Uplawski

X-No-Archive:no

[charset-trouble on Sun One]

One solution to the problem had been found in the Sun One
configuration.

My own trials to cope with locale-settings inside the
struts-applications have, so far, all been futile. In the meantime,
succes was reported after the sun-web.xml had been altered as follows:
<sun-web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee">
<context-root>/APPlicationName</context-root>