stupid, STUPID question!

dorayme

Ed Mullen <[email protected]> said:
Notepad has limited formatting capability but it does have some. Click
Format then Font. Also, try File then Page Setup. But that's about it.

Thanks for that, will look into it.

I have very basic utilitarian needs when I use the winbox. Wordpad is
brilliant. I do not make webpages on winbox, just test them.

JussiJ

I'm toying around with hand coding HTML.

If you are on the Windows then using something like the Zeus
editor might help:

http://www.zeusedit.com

Zeus has a Compile menu option and when a HTML file is loaded
this Compiler option runs the HTML Tidy utility to validate
your HTML and display any errors or warnings that it finds.

This feature makes it pretty easy to fix up your HTML code.

Jussi Jumppanen
Author: Zeus for Windows

Ari Heino

JussiJ kirjoitti seuraavasti:
Zeus has a Compile menu option and when a HTML file is loaded
this Compiler option runs the HTML Tidy utility to validate
your HTML and display any errors or warnings that it finds.

This feature makes it pretty easy to fix up your HTML code.

So how come HTML Tidy gives warnings on your homepage?

-Ari

rf

Ari said:
JussiJ kirjoitti seuraavasti:

So how come HTML Tidy gives warnings on your homepage?

More to the point how come the W3 validator gives errors on said page,
errors as blatantly obvious as
<TD WIDTH=10%></TD>
or
<TD VALIGN=>
or
.... align="center" ...

and why is it transitional?
and why is the browser in quirks mode?

Neredbojias

Author: Zeus for Windows

Yep, the repliers are right. 13 errors, not to mention a warning. Not
a good thing when trying to sell an html "coding" helper.

SAZ

More to the point how come the W3 validator gives errors on said page,
errors as blatantly obvious as
<TD WIDTH=10%></TD>
or
<TD VALIGN=>
or
... align="center" ...

and why is it transitional?
and why is the browser in quirks mode?

I found this amusing:

<!-- *** Step 2: Start of Page Content *** -->
<H3>A Powerful Text Editor for Windows</H3>

<!-- *** End of Page Content *** -->

And there are about 50 lines of code/content after that.

Why does anyone need those reminders? Perhaps a template purchase?