Submit method / session timeout

Doogie

Hello, this is kind of a javascript/.net question so I'm going to
post in both places.

In an app I'm trying to look at, there is a refresh of a page being
done ever 2 minutes. This is being done using the Submit method of
the form.

At a 30 minute interval however, there is a refresh of the page as
well (the only difference I'm being told is that this refresh pops up
a message box). This is being done inside .NET. This is timing out
because of the loss of the session (at 20 minutes).

What I'm curious about is if the submit method in java does a full
refresh of the page and so is the .NET, why does the 2 min interval
work (no matter how many times beyond the 20 minute default session
timeout) but the 30 min one doesn't? Does the submit method in java
behave differently?

ASM

Doogie a écrit :
What I'm curious about is if the submit method in java does a full
refresh of the page and so is the .NET, why does the 2 min interval
work (no matter how many times beyond the 20 minute default session
timeout) but the 30 min one doesn't? Does the submit method in java
behave differently?

You mean JavaScript ?

on my idea :
on each JS 2 mn refreshing the .NET 30mn re-fresher re-starts from 0
so ...
never reaches the 30th mn ...
and ...
can't refresh
(and see if session doesn't re-start on each 2mn refresh)

Doogie

Yep, I meant javascript, sorry.

The refresh does occur at the 2 minute interval. The 30 minute
refresh tries to occur, but fails because all my session information
has been lost (and I need data from within that session info). But if
I set that 30 minute refresh to be at 15 I don't lose my session info
ever. I'm just not sure why if that is the case that the 2 minute
refresh doesn't cause the same thing to happen other than the submit
method in javascript must behave differently.