Suggestion needed on how to accomplish some Complex Databinding

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ajitgoel, Apr 6, 2007.

  1. ajitgoel

    ajitgoel Guest

    Hi;

    I have a requirement which of showing a control like this:

    1 2 3 <= Page
    Number
    Page 1 Title Page 2 Title Page 3 Title <= Page Name

    Using a datalist control I have got it to something like this:

    1 Page 1 Title 2 Page 1 Title 3 Page 3 Title

    My data comes from a SiteMap control:

    <asp:DataList runat="server" ID="dlMenu" RepeatDirection=Horizontal
    DataSourceID=SiteMapDataSource4>
    <ItemTemplate>
    <asp:Label ID="lblSubSectionStep" runat="server"

    <asp:Label ID="lblSubMenu" runat="server"
    Text='<%# Eval("title")%>'/>
    <%--</ItemTemplate>
    </asp:DataList>
    </ItemTemplate>
    </asp:DataList>

    <asp:SiteMapDataSource ID="SiteMapDataSource4"
    runat="server" ShowStartingNode="False" StartingNodeOffset="2"/>

    Here is what I have tried:

    a. Putting a dataList inside the datalist does not work(.Net framework
    complains about datasourceid cannot be changed when binding the child
    datalist)
    b. Adding TR, TD tags around the first and the second label controls.
    This makes the datalist render as

    1
    Page 1 Title
    2
    Page 1 Title
    3
    Page 3 Title

    Any ideas what I would need to do to fix this??

    Kind Regards;

    Ajit Goel

    ajitgoel, Apr 6, 2007