SuSE11.1 eclipse 64 pydev can't add python path

Reimar Bauer

Hi

I can install pydev using the update manager in eclipse for 64 bit from the
SuSE 11.1 repo. But I can't configure pydev without crashing it.
I can select the interpreter /usr/bin/python
and I do see the System PYTHONPATH
Forced builtin libs also looks good.

But Apply gives me
#
# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007f2d7abebaed, pid=6544, tid=139832007596368
#
# Java VM: IcedTea 64-Bit Server VM (1.7.0-b24 mixed mode linux-amd64)
# Problematic frame:
# V [libjvm.so+0x21baed]
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/user/hs_err_pid6544.log
#
# http://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

That problem happens also with the recent
eclipse-cpp-ganymede-SR1-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz

What can be the cause for this problem? Do you know a workaround e.g.
manually configuring pydev?

Does one have pydev or eclipse working on SuSE11.1?

cheers
Reimar

Nikolas Tautenhahn

Hi,

Reimar said:
[...]

unfortunately I can't help but reproduce the problem. My eclipse was
already configured when I updated openSuSE 11.0 to 11.1 so it is not
*that* bad for me (only when I install new eggs and want pydev to take
notice of them).

The question is who is responsible for this... java? pydev? (suse?)

If you open a ticket in a bugtracker, please post the url here and I
will add myself, too

Best regards,
Nikolas Tautenhahn