Swig errors and warnings

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by superprad, Jun 1, 2005.

  1. superprad

    superprad Guest

    Hi I am trying to write a python wrapper for a C code I have using
    swig. when i try to compile the wrap.c i get a bunch of these warnings
    and errors can anyone help

    $swig -python test_hk.c
    this generates test_hk.py and test_hk_wrap.c
    then i compile it as

    $gcc -Wall -std=c99 test_hk.c test_hk_wrap.c -I/usr/include/python2.3/

    /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.3.5/../../../crt1.o(.text+0x18): In
    function `_start':
    .../sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S:98: undefined reference to `main'
    /tmp/ccayOWVb.o(.text+0xb6f): In function `PySwigObject_repr':
    : undefined reference to `PyString_FromFormat'
    /tmp/ccayOWVb.o(.text+0xbe1): In function `PySwigObject_str':
    : undefined reference to `PyString_FromString'
    /tmp/ccayOWVb.o(.text+0xc22): In function `PySwigObject_long':
    : undefined reference to `PyLong_FromUnsignedLong'
    /tmp/ccayOWVb.o(.text+0xc87): In function `PySwigObject_oct':
    : undefined reference to `PyOS_snprintf'
    and a bunch of them..............

    : undefined reference to `PyModule_GetDict'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

    do I have to include any libraries or whats it that I am missing.

    superprad, Jun 1, 2005

  2. You get some linker warnings, which (nearly?) always indicates
    that this isn't a C problem. So it's basically off-topic here.
    Looks like you don't have a main() function. Chances are that you
    want to create a shared library or DLL or whatever which doesn't
    have a main() function since it's not a real programm.
    Lots of errors that indicate that you are probably missing some
    library or even libraries, most likely related to Python and Swig.

    Your chances for a well-informed answer are going to be much higher
    in a newsgroup dedicated to these kinds of problems, in your case
    probably some group about developing extensions for Python.

    Regards, Jens

    Jens.Toerring, Jun 1, 2005