swing in Mac OS X

Espen Hatleskog

Hi..!

After reading and hearing from apple about how easy it is to set
properties to make my java apps look and feel line native OS X apps, i
decided to give it a try.

System.setProperty("com.apple.mrj.application.apple.menu.about.name","myApp");
System.setProperty("apple.awt.brushMetalLook", "true");
getRootPane().putClientProperty("windowModified", "true");

These are lines of code that i found in apple developer documentation.
I have tried these lines in apps in both xCode and netbeans, with the
same results... Nothing happens..!!
I have done nothing more than implementing the lines into the
constructor of JFrame.

Is there anything that i need to import? Any librarys i have to download??

I must be missing a step in my java 4 mac programming here. Any hints
about where my missing link might be would be greatly appreciated.

Ohh.. and i am on .3.5

Thanks

Espen Hatleskog