System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Operation must use an updateable query.

Mark Sandfox

Error =
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Operation must use an updateable query.

Below is the code I am using. This database works fine through FP's
database wizard, but will not work when I use the following code to update
it. Thank you in advance for any help you throw my way. Mark

Sub Update_Info(Sender as Object, E as EventArgs)
Dim cnMemberUpdate as OleDbConnection
Dim strUpdate as string
Dim cmdUpdate as OleDbCommand

cnMemberUpdate = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;
Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WaucondaChamber\fpdb\members list and
yp.mdb")
strUpdate = "Update MemberList Set Keywords='" & tbKeywords.Text & "' Where
ID = " & tbID.Text

cmdUpdate = New OleDbCommand(strUpdate, cnMemberUpdate)

cnMemberUpdate.Open()
cmdUpdate.ExecuteNonQuery()
cnMemberUpdate.Close()

Response.Redirect("Update_Confirmation.htm")
End Sub