System::DllNotfoundException occurs while loading a mixed dll

Abhishek Goliya

Hi,

I have implemented the ASP.Net Ihttphandler interface. Handler references
the mixed dll (both managed/unmanaged code) that contains core C++ classes
wrapped under managed c++ wrappers. ASP.NET worker process, sometimes while
System::DLLNotFoundException. I have verified that all required Dlls are in
the system path.

I have the handler version up and running perfectly but if I do some
modification to the underlying c++ library, and rerun the application then
asp.net worker process throws this exception. We have verified our
modifications to the code, they are not introducing any new DLL dependency.

Problem can be reproduced by just a adding new a function to the mixed dll.
New function uses only the existing function and doesn't contain any new
code. This function is not being even called by another function. It
difficult to believe that just adding one log statement throw this exception
at loading time and the same log functionality is being used zillion times
at other places.

Is there any way to trap this exception and get meaning full information.
Call stack lists only system dlls (including msvcr71d dlls).

It would be great if anyone can throw some light into this.

Thanks
Abhishek