Table tests in IE6

KiwiBrian

Assume that I have a simple 2 X 2 table with a single text character in each
cell..
By applying the following CSS styles I can create row and column borders.

..table1 {border: 5px solid black; border-collapse: collapse;}
..table1 td {border: 2px solid red;}

By applying the following CSS and in-line HTML I can create cell borders and
control cell spacing.

HTML style applied to the table tag:- cellspacing="10"
CSS styles:-
..table2 { border: 5px black solid; }
..table2 td { border: 2px red solid; }

My question is whether it is possible to combine the above two effects, and
control cell borders and cell spacing, inside row and column borders.

I am also interested in whether there is a CSS alternative to needing to use
an in-line HTML style to control cell spacing.

Many thanks
Brian Tozer

David Dorward

KiwiBrian said:
I am also interested in whether there is a CSS alternative to needing to
use an in-line HTML style to control cell spacing.

border-spacing, which is unsupported by MSIE.