Templates

shyPotter

Hi all

I have to develop an application for client where I have a html template
file and a word document files as input files and I need to generate a html
files based on thes two input files . Word document may contain
images,table,links,text etc.

I am here to ask the Gurus advise.

Which language should I use ? I am thinking to develop as desktop
application using vb6.
How I can read the word document ?
Is not this good to use tags <!--teag1--> in html template file ?
How I can read the word document and what is best to know which text goes
where in html template ?

Thanks in Advance.

Adrienne Boswell

Dave Anderson

Adrienne said:
Okay, I made two pages, one in Word and one with a plain text editor.
All the page says is Hello World. That's it. Here's link to the
validator showing errors.

http://tinyurl.com/3e5xcl - W3 validator showing 6 errors for
http://cavalcade-of-coding.info/usenet/hello.html - 104 lines ...

There's a funny circular error in there. Based on the omitted DOCTYPE
declaration, the validator assumes HTML 4.01 Transitional, which renders the
xmlns attribute illegitimate (it is *required* for XHTML). But if you choose
one of the XHTML DOCTYPEs, the number of errors shoots into the 40s.

Dave Anderson

Adrienne said:
Okay, I made two pages, one in Word and one with a plain text editor.
All the page says is Hello World. That's it. Here's link to the
validator showing errors.

http://tinyurl.com/3e5xcl - W3 validator showing 6 errors for
http://cavalcade-of-coding.info/usenet/hello.html - 104 lines vs

It is worth pointing out that saving as [Web Page, Filtered] reduces this to
2 errors: No DOCTYPE and no TYPE on the STYLE element. At least, that is
true for Word 2003.

shyPotter

Hi,

Thanks for your support.

Can any of you give me a sample code I just want to make sure if I am not
heading wrong way. What I am using is

'Microsoft Word 10.0 Object Library

Set objWord = New Word.Application

Regards,

--
Dave Anderson

Unsolicited commercial email will be read at a cost of $500 per message.
Use of this email address implies consent to these terms.