    array[4]=3

    And also, is it possible to find how many lines long a textarea is?

    Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated.

    CiscoGuy, Nov 27, 2003

  2. CiscoGuy

    Lee Guest

    CiscoGuy said:
    Note that the first element of an array is indexed as 0,
    not 1. Otherwise, this seems to be generally what you want:

    <head>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function textareaToArray(t){
    return t.value.split(/[\n\r]+/);
    }
    function showArray(a){
    var msg="";
    for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){
    msg+=i+": "+a+"\n";
    }
    alert(msg);
    }
    </script>
    </head>
    <form>
    <textarea rows="10" cols="20" name="alpha"></textarea>
    <input type="button"
    value="show array"
    onclick="showArray(textareaToArray(this.form.alpha))">
    </form>

    Lee, Nov 27, 2003