The Firefox status bar

Steve

I know this must be a lame question, but I ask it after a lot of
searching and experimentation. I can not get a string to print into
the status bar of a Firefox browser.

Is it the case that if any extensions for firefox put anything in the
status bar that window.status() status() are bolluxed up?

Thanks in advance for the info.

RobG

I know this must be a lame question, but I ask it after a lot of
searching and experimentation. I can not get a string to print into
the status bar of a Firefox browser.

Is it the case that if any extensions for firefox put anything in the
status bar that window.status() status() are bolluxed up?

By default, Firefox status bar can't be modified by script. Users can
change that in about:config, I expect very few have.

Stevo

Steve said:
I know this must be a lame question, but I ask it after a lot of
searching and experimentation. I can not get a string to print into
the status bar of a Firefox browser.

Is it the case that if any extensions for firefox put anything in the
status bar that window.status() status() are bolluxed up?
Thanks in advance for the info.

Same deal with IE7 and IE8.

Tuomo Tanskanen

RobG said:
By default, Firefox status bar can't be modified by script. Users can
change that in about:config, I expect very few have.

Actually there is checkbox in Options / Content / Javscript (Advanced)
/ Allow scripts to modify statusbar, but I doubt many users change it
from there either.

Regards, Tumi

Steve

Actually there is checkbox in Options / Content / Javscript (Advanced)
/ Allow scripts to modify statusbar, but I doubt many users change it
from there either.

Thank You!