The located assembly's manifest definition with name '.....' does notmatch the assembly reference

JB

I have an ASP project written years ago that I have recently started
to try and update. It was written by someone who used to work here
before me, and the source code I have is in a major mess.

There is just one (of many) DLL file that once I recompile I get the
error mentioned above.

The located assembly's manifest definition with name '.....' does not
match the assembly reference (see snippet for full detail).

It appears as though the dll in question was encrypted with the strong
name utility, and hence trying to recompile from scratch without the
original .snk file means it is error'ing out. - At least that is the
view I get from the last line "WRN: Comparing the assembly name
resulted in the mismatch: PUBLIC KEY TOKEN"

From browsing around i've tried some of the things mentioned by other
people, deleting all other instances of the dll, deleting ASP
temporary files etc but none help

I have tried using the Microsoft utility 'Assembly Binding Log Viewer'
for more information but whatever I do it just gives a blank window.

So what are my options here? Without the original public or private
key can I proceed in any way? I dont have the source to all the dll's
anymore, and I'm not sure which ones are trying to call it in the
first place, hence re-compiling them with a new reference may or may
not be possible.

-
=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = Assembly.Name, Version=1.0.0.25, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=3e7d32b8a670fd2a
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/Dpr/Vision/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file (c:\windows
\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet.config).
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET
\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: Assembly.Name, Version=1.0.0.25,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3e7d32b8a670fd2a
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary
ASP.NET Files/informationmanagementsystemfacade/50e4354a/116b7f82/
Assembly.Name.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary
ASP.NET Files/informationmanagementsystemfacade/50e4354a/116b7f82/
Assembly.Name.Bll/Assembly.Name.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Dpr/Vision/Assembly.Name.Bll.DLL.