The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted

mwmorrison93

Hello, I'm at my wit's end regarding the "The state information is
invalid for this page and might be corrupted" error and I'm hoping
someone can provide some assistance. I working with C#/ASP.NET 2.0/
IIS 6/Windows 2003 in a Web Farm environment. I've set up a machineKey
in root web configuration file that I'm sharing across all machines,
however i'm still getting an error stating that the viewstate is
invalid. I'm not sure what else to change to fix this whether this is
a problem with my application or a problem with IIS. It seems quite a
few other people are having this problem as well. Here's a copy of
the page tag in my web.config file also:

<pages enableViewStateMac="false" enableEventValidation="false"
viewStateEncryptionMode="Never" maxPageStateFieldLength="200" />

Thanks in advance for you help. The stack trace from the error is
listed below

Mike

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly
'App_Web_main.aspx.cdcab7d2.w56adrvm, Version=0.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The
system cannot find the file specified.]
System.RuntimeTypeHandle._GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean
throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) +0
System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean
throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +72
System.RuntimeType.PrivateGetType(String typeName, Boolean
throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +58
System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError) +57

System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeType(SerializerBinaryReader
reader) +192

System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader
reader) +943

System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader
reader) +384

System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader
reader) +198

System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader
reader) +210

System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader
reader) +198
System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Stream inputStream)
+142

[ArgumentException: The serialized data is invalid.]
System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Stream inputStream)
+206
System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(String inputString)
+311

System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.IStateFormatter.Deserialize(String
serializedState) +4
System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFormatter formatter,
String serializedState) +37
System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +140

[ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.
Client IP: 12.145.159.133
Port: 37034
SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.1)
ViewState: /
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...]

[HttpException (0x80004005): The state information is invalid for this
page and might be corrupted.]
System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Exception inner, String
persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError)
+116
System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +240
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +83
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +35
+6953
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean
+154
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +86
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
+18
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
ASP.main_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\WINDOWS
\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root
\abcdcf70\e7522bf8\App_Web_main.aspx.cdcab7d2.zbtabrey.0.cs:0

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
+154
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64