themeable table cell background-image

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Oct 6, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Is there a way to specify a background-image for a html table cell in a
    theme's css file. I know a lot of things I can't do... can't figure out one
    that I can do:

    1) ~/ Images/logo.gif doesn't work since it isn't a server side control.
    2) /Images/logo.gif doesn't work, not sure why.
    3) Images/logo.gif doesn't work - This can work specify the style of the
    td element instead of the CSS class but then it isn't part of the theme.
    4) http://<server>/<app>/Images/header_background.gif doesn't seem to work
    either. This I thought would and would have used even though it has
    maintenance issues.

    Here is a more specific description of the problem I am trying to solve:
    I have a master page that has a background image to be displayed in a row of
    a html table. I have a theme that has a Main.css where I have defined:

    TD.master-header
    {
    background-image: url(Images/header_background.gif);
    background: #eeffee;
    height: 33px;
    padding-right: 0px;
    padding-left: 0px;
    padding-bottom: 0px;
    padding-top: 0px;
    }

    Setting the td class to master-header does not show the background image.
    It does show the horrible #eeffee background that I put in to test that the
    style was working.

    Open to suggestions.... Thanks.

    Guest, Oct 6, 2006

    Guest Guest

    Can you either remove

    background: #eeffee;
    OR Change it to
    background-color: #eeffee;

    See if that fixes it.

    Guest, Oct 6, 2006

    Guest Guest

    Ameet,

    Thank you for your post. However, I do not think you got the gist of what
    my problem is. My problem is with the background-image attribute, not the
    background attibute. Removing the background attribute has no effect on my
    ability to display that background image.

    To me it seems like an obvious shortfall in the design of the themes.
    However, I'm sure it has been addressed and I am just ignorant of the syntax
    to specify the background-image correctly in a theme.

    Michael Fischer

    Guest, Oct 6, 2006

    Guest Guest

    I will try to do it on my computer and see if it works.

    Guest, Oct 6, 2006

    Guest Guest

    I hope that you are successful and I await your (or anyone elses) reply! :)

    Michael

    Guest, Oct 6, 2006

    Guest Guest

    Ameet,

    I thought I would let you know... When I got back to looking at this I was
    able to figure it out. I used fiddler to see what was being requested and
    there was a problem elsewhere in the style sheet that was causing me grief.
    My original problem was that the image was being requested had a extra path
    information based on how the style builder built the path. All my
    troubleshooting steps past that just exacerbated the problem. As once I
    fixed that, I was indeed sabotaged by the background attribute as you
    noticed! :)

    Thank you for your help.

    Guest, Oct 11, 2006