Thread related question - PLEASE HELP...

cpptutor2000

Could some Java guru help me please? What I am really interested in is
the following:
How would it be possible to capture inside the user program that a
'notify'
or 'notifyAll' has been called? Currently, these are used to wake up
thread(s)
in the object's queue of waiting threads, but is there a way to capture
this
information from inside the user's porgram?

John C. Bollinger

Could some Java guru help me please?

Only if one can figure out what it is you are asking.
What I am really interested in is
the following:
How would it be possible to capture inside the user program that a
'notify'
or 'notifyAll' has been called? Currently, these are used to wake up
thread(s)

"Currently"? If you have some idea about changing that behavior then
you are not likely to get anywhere.
in the object's queue of waiting threads, but is there a way to capture
this
information from inside the user's porgram?

What is invoking these methods if it is _not_ the user's program? If it
is the user's program, then why can you not insert appropriate logging /
notification directly before each notify() / notifyAll()? And as hiwa
asked, what is it that you hope to achieve by doing what you ask?