Threading

Gheorghe Postelnicu

Hi,

I have a very simple Python script that performs some batch processing
as follows: a list of system commands is set up in an automated way
and then each of the processes is launched separately using threads -
a basic producer-consumer thing.

I found a recipe on ASPN on how to intercept keyboard interrupts and
that is useful if I need to brutally kill the launching process.

However, my question regards killing the actual children threads -
they are spending lots of time in system calls, so I cannot insert
some while loop in a derived Thread class.

Any suggestions would be apreciated.

Thanks,

utabintarbo

Gheorghe said:
However, my question regards killing the actual children threads -
they are spending lots of time in system calls, so I cannot insert
some while loop in a derived Thread class.

Any suggestions would be apreciated.
Have the threads look for a semaphore file. If it exists, they delete
it and die.

Just an idea....HTH